An independent study carried out by the UK Building Research Establishment involved accelerated age testing of the anchor system. This simulated a forty-year ageing cycle and confirmed the anchor’s long-term performance.
Following rigorous testing in North America by ARCON TEST INC, the report on the Uni-directional Freeze-thaw Performance of Cintec Masonry Anchors (to EN 772) found no loss of grout or encasing brickwork after a full 100-cycle test.
Fire testing at the UK Building Research Establishment confirmed that the Cintec Anchor system has a fire period resistance of up to two hours at 160ºC.
In many ways, the Blastec System is a wise environmental choice:
- It typically uses 90% less energy than conventional methods.
- It has virtually no impact on the environment and sensitive structures.
- It does not deface the appearance of the structure, nor does it intrude into the usable space inside the building.
- Construction areas have a small ‘footprint’ and installation of the Blastec System can proceed whilst the building remains occupied.
- Using appropriate installation methods, dust and noise can be virtually eliminated.
Strength and flexibility
- Field trials have demonstrated that the Blastec System is capable of reinforcing existing 150mm (6in) thick hollow concrete block (CMU) walls to resist the pressures and impulses from 200kg TNT at 12.5m (865kPa, 1962kPa-ms); 440lbs TNT at 41ft (125psi, 284psi-ms).
- Tests in other types of masonry wall including 225mm (9in) solid and cavity brickwork have yielded similar results.
- The anchors can also be used to retain blast resistant windows within masonry walls as well as strengthen the same walls to resist blast at the same time.
- The anchors can also be used to upgrade the shear resistance of masonry walls in order to resist seismic events and vehicular impacts.
Award winning technology
Cintec has been honoured with a number of coveted awards for conservation, environmental protection and historic preservation. The Queen’s Award for Innovation (2002) is the latest achievement.